Thursday, May 15, 2008

Procrastinating

Yesterday was a rough day that ended up being a write off. I woke up normally enough, but went to a breakfast meeting and started seeing in blurry technicolor with a complete loss of focus except for tight areas I was looking directly at. It was annoying making it difficult to focus on the meeting (and must have looked a bit tweaked out at the time). I finally figured out that it was a coming migraine after realizing the weather was rapidly changing though it also made it somewhat difficult to drive home. In any event, I'm playing catch up now after sleeping through the day.

In the meantime, I found this both funny and true - Last minute advice from a Veteran Slacker (Slate):

Well, you've no doubt heard all manner of theories regarding the root cause of procrastination. Fear of failure. Crippling perfectionism. Abnormally low type-2 phloxiplaxitus levels.

I'm here to tell you that it was none of these things. The root cause of my procrastination, in technical terms, is this: I'm lazy. Extremely lazy. [...] The trick to overcoming procrastination is even simpler. Ready? Here it is:

Get off your fat badonk and stop procrastinating. Right now. No, not after the Gilmore Girls rerun ends. Now now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I like Gilmore Girls! But yes, I can be lazy too. :)