Monday, September 06, 2010

Relationship "Best Practices": Four Minutes in the Morning

It takes a special kind of someone to use the words "best practice" and marriage or relationship in the same sentence. Not that I have any expertise in the area - quite the opposite really, this showed up on one of the VC blogs I follow, from Brad Feld:

Amy and I created a tradition about a decade ago we call “four minutes in the morning.” We try to – fully clothed – spend four minutes together every morning 100% focused on each other. [...] Of course, the “four minutes” is metaphorical. Sometimes it’s 15 minutes. A few times a year it turns into an hour when we end up in a discussion about something. But it’s always 100% bi-directional attention, except for our dogs who often want in on the discussion.
Seems like a good idea, makes sense and something to try (if I'm ever lucky enough to find myself in that situation).

No comments: