Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Finding your Passion

Passion is probably one of the best and most sustainable motivators (and it's one of the things that get you through the ups and downs of entrepreneurship), so this is a pretty good primer (Bakadesuyo):

Researchers found there are two types of passion: harmonious and obsessive. The latter is a bad thing, more like an addiction or being a stalker. We’ll focus on the former, thanks. So what defines harmonious passion?

Robert Vallerand and colleagues came up with a “Passion Scale.” How many of these are true of an activity you engage in?

Via Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined:
1. This activity allows me to live a variety of experiences.
2. The new things that I discover with this activity allow me to appreciate it even more.
3. This activity allows me to live memorable experiences.
4. This activity reflects the qualities I like about myself.
5. This activity is in harmony with the other activities in my life.
6. For me it is a passion, which I still manage to control.
7. I am completely taken with this activity.

No comments: