Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Critical Thinking and Politics

I've been evaluating a new blog to add to my blog reader and I'm finding it more likeable more and more. It's called "The Thinker: Swimming Upstream in a Raging Current of Stupid" by Jeffrey Ellis. I like a recent post of his where he not only quotes Hayek but reconsiders his view on the intersection between libertarians and politics:

If politics were just a matter of egalitarianism versus Judeo-Christian traditionalism versus libertarianism, I would say that critical thinking has no judgments to offer. But in practice, this isn’t what politics ends up being about. In practice, it’s the big-government do-gooders versus the morality police versus the libertarians. And as Hayek’s words show, the libertarians are the only ones who seem to get the need for intellectual humility in government.

No comments: