Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Short Love Note to Dell

The motherboard on my Dell laptop died Sunday night. Pre-GTD, this would have sent me into a catatonic state, but I started consistently backing up and using a file synchronization program more effectively about 2 months ago (having a Blackberry also helped immensely). I figured with the mileage I get out of my laptop it would have almost certainly required a replacement but I found I have 6 months left in my extended/accidental warranty. I bought the laptop in Canada but they came and replaced the motherboard in Guangzhou (I also previously had my screen replaced on another trip over). They were quick professional and earlier than expected to boot!

So just in case you're in the market for a high end laptop, or even if you travel a lot, definitely get the extended and accidental warranty/insurance.

No comments: