Friday, January 30, 2009

Random

So I get this free fit check thing done at the gym figuring I should try to figure out some type of baseline. Before handing me the small printout that says the weight/body fat %, the trainer says to me "please don't take this the wrong way [warning signals start flashing], but you're in excellent shape for your age and ethnicity". I'm turning 31 next week, and given I haven't worked out as diligently recently, I'm guessing this is what they mean when they say 'damning with faint praise'.

Anyway, I'm sort of laying low as I move through the rather gargantuan task of collecting and processing my "stuff", working through David Allen's Getting Things Done, which is an extraordinarily painful (though also therapeutic) task for me as a digital and physical pack rat (though I have gotten better over the years given the traveling). More posting/ranting next week.

No comments: