Saturday, November 15, 2008

Art imitates Life

I just got back to the office having seen Quantum of Solace. I figure if I have time to see movies again, I have time to post. Quantum of Solace was fantastic. With how it's described on imdb - what could possibly be wrong with the movie? And it's about time:

Seeking revenge for the death of his love, secret agent James Bond sets out to stop an environmentalist from taking control of a country's water supply.
Perhaps someone should do one of those comparative charts between Dominic Greene and his investments and Al Gore and his.

Today is the first time I've gone to a movie theater in China and it was an interesting experience. Being a snob and a bit of an elitist, I got a ticket at a theater that only seats 20 people with fully reclining lazyboy type seats. Highly recommended. Before noon on Saturdays the cost is only 80 RMB/person though that includes a drink and caramel popcorn. My employee and I were the only ones in the theater at the time. Me thinks I will make this a monthly office experience.

Update: Ha. I'm far from the only one who has made the Al Gore vs Dominic Greene connection. A bit of defensively wishful thinking here. Though perhaps a bit more accurate depiction here.

No comments: