Sunday, September 14, 2008

"You Can Shine"

I found this commercial remarkable for a few reasons. First, you can definitely tell at the end that it's for a hair product - and in that, it's quite effective (and sort of funny as well). Second, it's an inspirational message for the disabled (and any underdog really) in an Asian society where the attitudes towards the handicapped leave something to be desired. Another thing you also notice is that while it's probably not as polished as it could be, it's way longer than any commercial you see here but it does communicate a message and I think it does it well. Youtube via Trendhunter:



Side note: As a former violinist (I still have a violin though I can't say that I've played it much in the last 10 years), the song that's played - Pachabel's Canon in D, while popular, does get on the nerves of a lot of strings players just because it is played so much but it's also a crowd pleaser.

No comments: