Thursday, September 04, 2008

Riddles at Job Interviews

Show how adept people are at solving riddles? I dunno, I'm indifferent mostly because my Chinese isn't proficient enough to actually ask any at job interviews (which is probably a good thing). Anyway here's an interesting take (Classic WTF), plus a hilarious anecdote:

During a screening interview, I was asked how I would design a bike fit for someone visually impaired. I responded something to the effect of, "What, like, for blind people?", and she answered yes.

I thought for a moment and then I responded, "Well.. a blind person riding a bike doesn't sound like a very safe idea, so I would make the bike stationary, maybe with a fan blowing in the person's face. He probably wouldn't even know the difference."

She was speechless.
The funny thing is that depending on my mood, I might have hired the guy.

No comments: