Friday, May 23, 2008

The Cat's Meow

Sometimes I wonder if I'm approaching burnout. I'm generally most reminded of this possibility on any given statutory holiday in the particular country I'm in simply because I can't just power down with at least 1/4 of the other areas of the world fully operational though I am planning for the possibility that I can step back having made some key hiring decisions in the last year. I even worked Christmas one year (which as a Canadian, I consider more important than Thanksgiving). Yes, the river of tears floweth :). On the other hand, what I would consider to be a vacation would probably differ than most other people but I digress.

Of course, a good beat and chord progression can pull me out of a funk which brings me to some recent discoveries:

  • For a Big Band type feel, Baz Luhrman's Happy Feet (High Heel Remix) (YouTube), though I should point out that despite the imagery in YouTube it wasn't actually in the movie "Happy Feet"
  • Gavin Rossdale's Love Remains the Same (YouTube) which is a mellow but passionate rock tune
  • Another retro type sound by a guy who is described as being the "male Amy Winehouse" (which frankly, I don't think does him justice) that's going to be released in June and was on the season finale of Grey's Anatomy: Bryn Christopher's The Quest (YouTube)
  • And for the teenage girl in all of us... or maybe it's just me... Sugarbabes' About You Now appropriately posted on imeem by someone who appears to be a teenage girl

No comments: